Welcome to the website of Britain’s largest composer society
Free Membership Scheme
Take advantage of the free membership offer and receive three free editions of Society publications.
If you join the Society at the Elgar Birthplace Museum, at a branch meeting or at any branch or Society promotion you could be entitled to a one year free membership.
Sir Mark Elder
President of The Elgar Society
The sound of Elgar’s music has been with me since I was a child. The first concert my mother ever took me to had the Enigma Variations on the programme!
When I started all those years ago with the Hallé in Manchester, I had a strong feeling that we should aim to play his music better than any other orchestra. His depth of feeling, that goes so much deeper than ‘Pomp and Circumstances stance’,does not come out unless you probe it, dig in and find it. In embarking on such a journey one inevitably discovers shades and colours one had no idea could be there.
So it was an enormous pleasure to be asked to be the Society’s President. I love Elgar’s music and would do anything to help to bring it to more and more people.
On This Site
Contact Society Officers
- Contact details for The Chairman,The Vice-Chairman, The Honorary Secretary and The Honorary Treasurer. Click here.
- Membership Forms
- Join the Elgar Society using our on-line system. Click here.
- Need Help?
- Contact the Vice-Chairman with your queries. Click here.
- What’s happening at home and abroad. Click here.
- The Man, The Music
- Find out about Elgar the man and listen to some of the music he composed. Click here.
- The Firs. Birthplace of Edward Elgar
- Elgar’s birthplace is a National Trust property containing a vast collection of Elgar memorabilia and other items. Click here.
- Find articles from Elgar Society publications. Click here.
- The Elgar Society Constitution
- Updated June 2011 Click here
- Data Protection
- To view the Society’s data protection policy Click here
- The Elgar Family Tree Click here
- Elgar Society Awards
- View awards given in recognition of services to Elgar and the Society. Click here
- Trustees Annual Report
- To view the Trustees Annual Report (TAR) as submitted to the AGM in June 2019 click here.
Follow The Elgar Society On: